Our school library was built through
the Federal Government's 'Building the Education
Revolution' initiative. The
new building is an extension of the original that was used when the school
first took enrolments in 1999. It was
extended to more than twice the original size in 2011.
This multi-purpose space allows for
various classes to share the facility at any one time.
- Main floor: This space houses student collections of picture books, fiction, information books and the Accelerated Reader collection. We have 12 OPACS available for students to search for books. There are often two classes borrowing at the same time from these areas.
- The Seminar room incorporates 20 computers for class access, teachers are able to use the ceiling mounted data projector, screen and speakers to demonstrate new applications, effective internet use and ICT skills, and in Research activities. Students use the computers in this room to complete their Accelerated Reader tests, and to practice their ICT skills.
- The Seminar Room is used by the Teacher- Librarian in lessons linked to the C2C programme with different year levels.
- With access to wireless connection, the Seminar room is also used regularly for teacher meetings, and for professional development activities. It is also an ideal space for small group instruction.
- Another class area provides access to an interactive SmartBoard for whole class lessons.
- The Teacher Workroom houses the home readers and instructional texts, and a circulation computer for staff, as well as the photocopier.
- Teachers also have access to the teacher reference section.
Reading—it’s how people install new software
into their brains.
Number of loans
Students are able to borrow the following:
- Prep and Year 1: 1 book
- Year 2: 2 books
- Year 3: 3 books
- Year 4 to 6: 4books
- C2C: Unlimited
- maximum fiction loans = 2, maximum non-fiction = 2.
Students in Prep to Year 3 must have a library bag to borrow.
From Term 1, Day 1. Student borrowing ends November 20.
- 1323 borrowers
- 10,544 items on loan
- 554 loans overdue
- 24,427 individual titles
- 63,554 copies of those titles
- 5,290 Curriculum 2 Classroom items
- 3,706 Titles Accelerated reader (plus multiple copies of many titles).