Prep is the first year of school and provides the foundation for your child's education.
It is compulsory for Queensland children to undertake Prep prior to
Year 1. Prep is a full-time program in primary schools and has a defined
curriculum. Children attend Monday to Friday, from 8.45am – 2.45pm.
Children must be 5 by 30 June in the year they enrol.
Use the online calculator to see when your child can start Prep. Simply select your child's month and year of birth.
To enrol at Grand Avenue State School you should:
What to include in an Enrolment Application:
An in-catchment enrolment must include the following:
- Fully completed Application for Student Enrolment form and associated forms.
- Evidence of birth date (i.e. birth certificate). Students born overseas are required to present their passport as evidence.
- Three (3) acceptable proofs of residency
- Primary source (1) - a current real estate agent signed Tenancy Agreement (minimum 6 months lease), Brisbane City Council Rates Notice or unconditional Contract of Sale as well as
- Two (2) secondary sources - a utility bill (gas, electric, water) andcurrent Driver’s Licence showing the same postaladdress and parent's/legal guardian's name. (A bank statement may be submitted in lieu of a Driver’s Licence.)
- If you have a child already attending Grand Avenue, proof of residency is not required.
- If you or your child were born overseas, or another language is spoken at home, please notify administration as the completion of an additional form is required.
Information about your child’s medical condition, medications (if applicable) and doctor.
Details of any relevant Family Court orders or other court orders (if applicable).
the school has received your completed enrolment paperwork, information regarding booking an interview will be provided.
For more information regarding 2021 Prep enrolments, please contact the school on 3372 0555.